- The Society
- Annual Meeting
- Member Login
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the HHS/SAMHSA-certified Drug Testing Laboratory.
• Develop, maintain, and foster an environment of positive employee relations, trust, open communication and strong teamwork providing managerial leadership to direct reports through effective staffing, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition.
• Oversee the scientific and technical functioning of the department while working collaboratively with disciplinary leads from across the business.
• Manage the departmental business planning and goal development process, including executing a one-year business plan.
• Maintain a complete, current SOP manual that is available for personnel in the drug testing laboratory.
• Recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards with a focus on continuous improvement that aligns with function and company objectives.
• Manage compliance, collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and metrics.
• Ensure appropriate methodology and equipment is in place, and assisting in developing new methods or changes in existing methods.
• Review and interpret QC results, acts to correct any potential violations, and recommends corrective action where appropriate.
• Implement all remedial actions necessary to maintain satisfactory operation and performance of the laboratory in response to quality control systems not being within performance specifications, errors in result reporting or in analysis of performance testing samples, and deficiencies identified during NLCP inspections.
• In depth knowledge of toxicology focused clinical laboratory operations, processes, key drivers and continuous improvement methodologies
• Previous work experience in a SAMHSA certified laboratory and experience in forensic applications of analytical toxicology
Experience in forensic applications of analytical toxicology (e.g., publications, court testimony, conducting research on the toxicology of drugs of abuse) or qualify as an expert witness in forensic toxicology;
• Qualifications for an RP designation as outlined by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for SAMHSA certified laboratories
• PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or similar field; or training and experience comparable to a PhD
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams, fostering a culture of high performance and employee engagement
• Proven track record of driving change in a Forensic Toxicology laboratory with demonstrated lean skills an asset
• A desire to lead the re-shaping of the Forensic Toxicology laboratory so that it is poised for growth
• Value and possess excellent leadership skills and competencies