- The Society
- Annual Meeting
- Member Login
We are seeking a Laboratory Supervisor (LS)/ Toxicologist for a high complexity toxicology testing lab with state-of-the-art equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Apply the principles, theory and techniques of mass spectrometry to develop Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) methods for drug testing in human biological specimens such as Urine, Saliva, and blood etc. Developing methods includes sample preparation, chromatography and mass spectrometry approaches for the detection and quantitation of drugs in the specimens.
• Author and execute the validation protocols for the developed methods to meet regulatory (CAP, CLIA and CMS) standards.
• Author the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for routine sample preparation, sample testing, interpreting and reporting patient results, quality control, and quality assurance.
• Participate in available continuing education and maintains licensure/certification as required by State law and accreditation agencies. Review the Proficiency Testing samples and maintain companies CLIA certification as per CMS guidelines.
• Review drug confirmation data from the laboratory, compare it with the initial screening data for accuracy and release the results to the physicians. Provides detailed customer consultation for physicians and other health care professionals in regards to drug testing methods, drug metabolism and excretion. Initiates any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
• Operate, validate, maintain, and troubleshoot chromatography and mass spectrometry hardware including pumps, auto samplers, columns, and valves. Maintain and troubleshoot the Olympus AU-640 and nitrogen generators.
• Set up the Merge Laboratory Information System (LIS) for the new clients. Diagnose and solves LIS issues with-in complex, highly customized client LIS setups. Interface the new equipment with the Merge LIS for automated transfer of results.
• Supervise the daily operations of the Laboratory.
• Inspection/Audit: Lab should be prepared and operated on a day to day basis to result in no deficiencies on any scheduled, random or unannounced inspection from any accrediting agency including but not limited to CLIA, COLA, OSHA, Department of Health, State, etc.
• Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation to document technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Follow up with the changes related to CPT codes and interact with the billing department to update the CPT codes.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry, Toxicology or closely related fields.
• Professional License: Must have NRCC-TC (National Registry of Certified Chemists-Toxicological Chemist) certification. Able to obtain Florida “Clinical Laboratory Supervisor” license and California “Clinical Toxicologist Scientist” license.
• Three years of experience working on LC-MS/MS in a CLIA certified high complexity testing laboratory. Experience in developing and validating new methods. Hands on experience working on AB Sciex triple quadrupole mass spectrometers.
• Experience working on Analyst and Multiquant software’s.
• Knowledge in Laboratory Information Management System, experience working on Merge LIMS is preferred.
• Experience working on automated liquid handlers such as Beckman Biomek, Tecan etc.
• Understanding of legal, regulatory, accreditation standards, and Federal and state laws such as CLIA as required in patient testing as well as an understanding of safety (OSHA) and security (HIPAA) regulations, practices and procedures to ensure work is consistent with standards
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and adapt rapidly to changing priorities and tasks are required.
• Must have a good working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements.
• As such, the LS must exhibit strong leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and must demonstrate the ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions in a timely manner.
• The LS will flexibly respond to and lead change, adapting quickly to evolving circumstances, addressing difficult issues quickly, fairly, and ethically, remaining professional and composed under pressure, and communicating team goals, priorities, and issues effectively across all levels of the laboratory and across departments.
• Participating in the monthly meetings, presenting activities and metric outcomes to review and assess compliance, developing and implementing remedial activity plans, as needed, and activities for quality improvement.
Job Type: Fulltime
Salary: $89,450.00 /year
Required education: Master's
Required experience:LC/MS/MS Supervisor 3 years
Required license or certification: NRCC or ASCP