ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• To provide oversight and direction to the laboratory staff in completion of tasks including but not limited to: laboratory operations, forensic material handling, laboratory case management, and training.
• To interface and advise senior members of DoD organizations on current and emerging forensic and biometric operational issues.
•Develop and support other technical positions to include the justification of technical recommendations.
• Monitor priorities for the allocation of critical laboratory resources to include personnel and equipment.
• Administrative review and quality control of forensic laboratory reports.
• Deployment outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) on a rotational basis as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience performing duties as described and a minimum of five (5) years working in a forensic laboratory performing forensics examinations. A minimum of five years previous formal supervisory experience required. Must have five years of prior military experience providing oversight and execution of tasks. Must have experience with the deployment of personnel to operational COCOM theaters, and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection. Three years of specialized experience as a team leader of highly skilled professional, technical and support personnel required. Must be proficient with and have experience working with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Must successfully complete a proficiency/competency test, as may be required by the client. Must pass U.S. Government security background investigation and be able to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance. Must pass both a physical and dental examination (as required for OCONUS assignment). Must possess a current U.S. Government issued passport.