Laboratory Manager Job Description
The Laboratory Manager plays a vital role in the overall safety of the laboratory and is responsible for managing the daily operations of the lab. The Lab Manager will take responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to: instruments/equipment, users of the lab, and supplies needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly.
Management of the Laboratory
• Provides clinical laboratory diagnostic information, products and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; consulting with toxicologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by CLIA.
• Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifyiny peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustments.
• Maintains quality results by participating in our quality assurance program; consulting with Laboratory Director surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
• Maintains laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service. and repair.
• Oversees laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
• Maintains laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
• Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
• Resolves problems by consulting with Toxicologists, Laboratory Director and other Professionals; attending meetings
Training and Staff
• Maintains laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains laboratory staff results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Complies with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements by providing in-service programs; monitoring outcomes.
Laboratory Manager Skills and Qualifications
• Managing Processes, Presenting Technical Information, Management Proficiency, Equipment Maintenance, Training, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Quality Focus, Clinical Lab Testing, Lab Environment, Technical Understanding.
Education Requirements and Certifications
• Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Specialist of CLSS
• Toxicology experience preferred
• ABFT and/or ASCP certification preferred
• MUST have Louisiana licensure or can obtain before hire.
Skills and Abilities
• 5+ years preferred
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Simple IRA, Aflac
• 3 weeks PTO
• Several Paid Holidays
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org