• Coordinate training of new forensic scientists, staff participating in new or recently modified methodologies and staff in need of remedial training.
• Perform analysis of evidence in the most complex cases.
• Recognized as an expert in Toxicology and maintains technical proficiency in and awareness of the latest technical advances.
• Provide technical assistance in Toxicology to the QA Director by assisting with the coordination of system wide audits and QA initiatives.
• Coordinate the development, validation and implementation of new methodologies and/or programs within Toxicology including Breath Testing Program.
• Provide monitoring of technical QA programs within the laboratory system.
• Assume the duties of the Supervisor of Forensic Services in their absence.
• Perform any other reasonable assignments or duties as directed by a supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in the Natural or Physical Sciences.
• A minimum of six years satisfactory experience as a Forensic Scientist or its equivalent experience in another laboratory.
• A Master’s Degree in a Natural or Physical Science or Computer Science may be substituted for one year of the required experience.