Under the direction of a supervisory toxicologist does and assists with laboratory technical work in an accredited forensic toxicology laboratory and does other related duties as required. Duties may include but not be limited to:
1. Follow Standard Operating Procedures involved in making required tests/analyses.
2. Prepare reagents and stock solutions.
3. Prepare tissue homogenates.
4. Perform liquid/liquid and solid phase extractions of biological fluids and tissues.
5. Perform preliminary color testing, carbon monoxide and cyanide analyses.
6. Operate and maintain various analytical instrumentation.
7. Record and maintain records of analytical testing.
A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in Toxicology, Analytical Chemistry or a closely related scientific field.
Experience (preferred but not necessary)
• some experience working in a toxicology, or analytical chemistry laboratory, conducting various types of chemical tests and analyses, using UV/Vis spectrophotometer, HPLC, LC-MS/MS, GC, and GC/MS instruments;
• familiarity with using and entering data into a Laboratory Information Management System;
• computer literacy – windows XP and higher, Microsoft Office suite;
• must have good visual acuity and depth perception, and ability to properly identify colors;
• must possess good physical dexterity and ability to occasionally lift or move 25 – 50 pounds.