• Accessioning/batching specimens for sample preparation procedures.
• Perform sample preparation techniques including, but not limited to: weighing, cutting,
• washing, specimen derivatization, solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction as outlined in the laboratory SOP.
• Prepare samples for gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS).
• Spikes and prepares necessary calibration and control standards.
• Prepare reagents and buffers as needed.
• Assists with maintaining an adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
• Operates and maintains various instrumentation including but not limited to: ELISA/Tecan, incubators, heat blocks, manual and automated liquid handlers and centrifuges, GC/MS and LC/MS/MS.
• Troubleshoots problems as needed.
• Responsible for all record keeping associated with specimen preparation, including following forensic chain of custody handling guidelines and storage requirements.
• Conducts safe work practices according to safety protocols, PPE requirements and decontamination procedures.
• Performs other tasks and duties that are commensurate with education, training, and abilities.
• Responsible to maintain all safe guards as it pertains to Protected health information (PHI)
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, with demonstrated knowledge/skills sets in Chemistry required. Toxicology experience preferred. Additional related analytical experience or formal education a plus. Experience with LCMSMS/GCMS and ELISA is preferred.
Must hold a valid NYS Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologists License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of: General lab operations. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal skills, be self-motivated, a team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a growing, fast-paced environment
• Ability to: Demonstrate competence in required extraction techniques, aliquoting skills, standards preparation, instrument maintenance, process documentation and data analysis. Work independently with minimum direct supervision. Follow all laboratory standard work practices and policies