1. Analysis of biological specimens using the following techniques:
a. Intermediate Knowledge of immunoassay methodology
b. Solid Phase and Liquid/ Liquid Drug Extractions
c. Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
i. Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
ii. Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
iii. Tandem Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
2. Intermediate Knowledge of Quantitative Analysis
3. Intermediate Knowledge of Instrumental Analysis
4. Maintains an accurate written record of all analyses performed and ensures proper
archiving of those records.
5. Receives specimens into the laboratory, establish and maintain accurate chain of custody,
accession specimens into the laboratory, aliquot specimens for subsequent testing and
logs specimens into the Toxicology Database.
6. Participation in Laboratory Analysis Programs
7. Routine instrument maintenance
8. Analysis of Quality Control specimens
9. Preparation for laboratory inspections by Inspectors from certifying and accrediting
10. Responsible for maintaining laboratory facilities and equipment in operating condition
and reporting discrepancies and problems to their supervisor
11. Evaluation of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring laboratory
compliance with those standards
12. Evaluation of instruments, extraction techniques, analysis protocols and data review.
13. Complete research projects and function as assigned.
14. Maintain logs of analyses performed, equipment problems and solutions, freezer and
refrigerator temperature logs, and equipment operation logs.
15. Maintain the laboratory in a Mission readiness status at all times; this requires the analyst
to be aware of existing and potential problems concerning laboratory safety, equipment
operation, maintain supply readiness and other critical laboratory functions.
16. Handle hazardous materials and hazardous waste; ensuring proper safety precautions are
taken in storing and disposition of these materials.
17. Authorship in peer reviewed journal and/or presentation of scientific data.
18. Perform other job-related duties appropriate to the Division mission as assigned.
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Science-related field (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Forensics etc.)
Or Training as a Military Medical Laboratory Technician
USN 8506 - Advanced Medical Laboratory Technician
USA 92820, 92B30, 91K10 - Medical Laboratory Technician
UAF 4TOx1, 924x0 - Medical Laboratory Technician
Must be a US citizen able to complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I)
Please send electronic cover letter and resume to all three points of contact listed below or apply
Susan Shelley, ARP Sciences LLC Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Knittel, ARP Sciences LLC Division Chief, email@example.com
Sarah Shoemaker, ARP Sciences LLC HP/PM Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org