1. Analysis of biological specimens using the following techniques:
a. Basic Knowledge of immunoassay methodology
b. Basic Knowledge of Solid Phase and Liquid/ Liquid Drug Extractions
c. Mass Spectrometry (Basic)
i. Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (Basic)
ii. Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (Basic)
iii. Tandem Mass Spectrometry (Basic)
2. Basic Knowledge of Quantitative Analysis
3. Basic Knowledge of Instrumental Analysis
4. Maintains an accurate written record of all analyses performed and ensures proper archiving of those records.
5. Receives specimens and related calibrators into the laboratory, establish and maintain accurate chain of custody, accession specimens into the laboratory, aliquot specimens for subsequent testing and logs specimens into the LIMS.
6. Participation in Laboratory Analysis Programs
7. Routine instrument maintenance
8. Analysis of Quality Control specimens
9. Preparation for laboratory inspections by Inspectors from certifying and accrediting agencies
10. Responsible for maintaining laboratory facilities and equipment in operating condition and reporting discrepancies and problems to their supervisor
11. Evaluation of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring laboratory compliance with those standards
12. Evaluation of instruments, extraction techniques, analysis protocols and data review.
13. Complete research projects and function as assigned.
14. Maintain logs of analyses performed, equipment problems and solutions, freezer and refrigerator temperature logs, and equipment operation logs.
15. Maintain the laboratory in a mission readiness status at all times; this requires the analyst to be aware of existing and potential problems concerning laboratory safety, equipment operation, maintain supply readiness and other critical laboratory functions.
16. Handle hazardous materials and hazardous waste; ensuring proper safety precautions are taken in storing and disposition of these materials.
17. Authorship in peer reviewed journal and/or presentation of scientific data.
18. Perform other job-related duties appropriate to the Division mission as assigned.
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Science-related field (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Forensics etc.) or Training as a Military Medical Laboratory Technician to include the following:
• USN 8506 - Advanced Medical Laboratory Technician
• USA 92820, 92B30, 91K10 - Medical Laboratory Technician
• UAF 4TOx1, 924x0 - Medical Laboratory Technician
Must be a US citizen able to complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I) background investigation.
Please send electronic cover letter and resume to all three points of contact listed below or apply through CareerBuilder.com (keyword: SFTDTL).
Susan Shelley, ARP Sciences LLC Recruiter, email@example.com
Jessica Knittel, ARP Sciences LLC Division Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresa Hippolyte, ARP Sciences LLC Supervisor, email@example.com
ARP Sciences LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of ARP Sciences to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws
Closing Date April 20, 2017